Monday, December 07, 2009

So thrilled to be president of NYC's Wish Upon a Wedding



This is one of the greatest honors of my long career in the wedding industry: I've been asked to serve as President of the New York City chapter of Wish Upon a Wedding!

Wish Upon a Wedding is the ONLY national organization that grants wishes for weddings and civil unions to couples who are facing a life-threatening illness. Since I spent most of the past five years caring for both of my parents during their long battles with blood cancers, and I had my own scary foray in the world of breast cancer with a Stage 0 that had to be lumpectomized and radiated away [I'm fine now!] I know how much it means to those who live in the terrifying world of medical treatments, waiting for test results, undergoing painful and exhausting procedures...and how much it takes out of loved ones and caretakers around them. So my reward for getting through all that in my own life, and since it's my soul's way to provide wonderful things for others, I am beyond thrilled to head up this terrific organization, create my board of advisors and start granting wishes left and right.

If you would like to be involved as a wedding vendor who can help grant wishes to NYC-area couples, contact me at SLNaylor@optonline.net.