Monday, May 19, 2008

Watching the wedding video

Our wedding DVD is in! Justin Cristaldi did a fabulous job on our wedding footage -- I especially love how he did the whole 'Wizard of Oz' thing moving from black and white to a color transition when I approached the top of the aisle...just a fantastic capturing of the best moments of our day, and Joe and I got to see a lot of the details we missed while we were getting ready, while we were taking photos, etc. How amazing, one month later, to see how great a time everyone was having, to see my parents dancing after 5 long years of cancer treatments, and to see my handsome groom looking at me with such love in his eyes. I took the DVD over to my parents' place today (yes, I cut out of work for the morning because they *really* wanted to see it right away :) and they really enjoyed it. The best thing about watching the video with someone else is that you get to see it through their eyes, hear about which details thrill them, and hear the insider stories about what else we missed that was going on during the wedding. Always inspiring and smile-inducing.

So if you're planning your wedding right now and thinking about skipping the expense of a wedding video...DON'T DO IT. This footage only gets more valuable over time, and it would be a shame to miss out on watching the DVD with your kids someday. There are budget tricks to getting more for your videographer dollar, and you can find those in my book 1000 BEST WEDDING BARGAINS. I'd just hate to see you regret not hiring a pro later down the road.

Thank you, Justin, for an amazing job! The honeymoon montage was spectacular -- we had wanted that version of 'Over the Rainbow' for our reception but didn't get around to acquiring it...so what a thrill to have it on our DVD. We'll treasure this!