Thursday, July 03, 2008

A cover with...connotation?

Many people ask me if I get to design the covers of my books. No, I leave that up to the talented designers at my publishing houses, and I've never been dissastisfied. Speaking of which...we're getting ready to release the 3rd edition of the very first book I ever wrote: 1001 Ways to Save Money and Still Have a Dazzling Wedding. My editor Sarah Pelz just sent me the cover graphic for this edition, with a question about a certain phrase featured on the cover: "Over 150,000 satisfied brides." The design team mentioned that the term 'satisfied' had a certain...connotation, so we've decided to change the cover to "Over 150,000 happy brides." While finding ways to save money on wedding planning is always exciting, we don't want anyone thinking it's that satisfying. (Although it might be if you find a Vera Wang dress on sale for almost nothing!) ;)