Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wax on, wax off


A few weeks ago, Joe and I attended a big autograph expo, where we had the chance to meet some amazing celebrities, including Ralph Macchio who doesn't look much different from how he looked in the movie, and is an incredibly sweet person. As much as I wanted to ask him to do the famous crane pose with me for our photo, I decided not to be that fan. Just a regular photo will do, at which time I told him that he smelled fantastic. He just laughed, so I'm sure I wasn't tops on his list of strange moments that day. Across the room, Corey Haim sat there...alone...wearing what looked like a BeDazzled white jacket, talking on his cell phone because there was NO line in front of him. That's my one regret of the day: I didn't go talk to Haim. You live and learn...

Joe and I have attended tons of these fun shows, some focused on 80s TV stars, some on pro and Hall of Fame athletes, some a mish-mash of types, and it's always a blast. The take-homes are pretty phenomenal, too. We now have a framed original from Roger Kastel, the artist who created the Jaws movie posted, signed by Kastel and by the woman who played 'Chrissie,' the character chomped in the opening scenes of the film. I also have a fabulous autograph from Morgan Fairchild, who is reading my novel "It's My Wedding Too" and will hopefully star as Delilah in the movie version.

So if you're in the area and want to attend a show, check out www.chillertheatre.org in the spring, and see your favorite stars and semi-stars.