Monday, April 03, 2006

Cue the geese...

All that was missing was a rainbow. I'd always wanted to walk around my favorite lake (okay, so it's more of a pond) holding hands with someone amazing. It's been one of those romantic fantasies I've had for two years and never left the computer long enough to make happen. But today was a fabulously springlike day and J. and I made the most of it. Started with breakfast, cuddle time at his place in the afternoon, a trip into Morristown where he bought a suit and I made my way over to the Godiva shop where I bought raspberry starfish for my Mom (a tradition, something I did to cheer her during chemo and have continued doing), and two Key Lime truffles for J. and myself. Went to lunch, then went for a walk around the lake. Gorgeous day with a beautiful blue sky, just a few cirrus clouds for perspective, and as we were walking, two geese soared overhead and skimmed to a graceful landing in the water. A hawk circled overhead. It couldn't have been more gorgeous a moment. Hand-in-hand. My face hurting from laughing. An 'all is right with the world' moment. Followed shortly after by my complete inabilty to make coffee for 2. But I think my geekiness works sometimes. I'm amazed that I can nail book deals, brush off magazine article pitching rejection, be a complete natural on television, and keep my cool while meeting Oprah and other luminaries...but put me in my own kitchen to make coffee for a guy I like and I'm a bumbling idiot, spilling sugar and anxious about coffee measurements. Luckily, it came out okay -- no java sludge. So this date goes down in the record books...outstanding.