Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Congratulations Tom and Michele!

Yesterday, I got a knock on my door, and there was my friend Tom with photos of his newborn baby girl! Tom and his wife Michele are my dear friends who used to live next-door to me, and their longtime efforts to have a baby finally brought them to this day. The baby is gorgeous, Mom is doing well, and Tom was over the moon. I remember the funny story of the day we met: it was the day before I moved into my place, and I had a segment shoot for Lifetime Television in my pre-furniture apartment. Michele met me while the camera crew was bringing in the lights, production assistants were all over the place...she had no idea what was going on. Later, when I met Tom, we discovered that we went to the same high school, and my sister dated his older brother. So we were quite a happy crew here...shoveling snow together at night, having fondue parties, celebrating New Year's and St. Patrick's Day. I miss having them here, but I'm thrilled beyond belief for their baby blessing and their new life.