Friday, April 13, 2007

Sigh....

With each step we take towards closing on our house, the more I'm thinking about how dreamy it's going to be to work with Joe on painting the rooms, putting down flooring and tile, even picking out the new fireproof door for the garage. We've strolled through Lowes and Home Depot checking out options, and I confess I've looked at him from the end of an aisle and had to suppress a giant smile as he looked at a new handheld drill and bits. This is one gorgeous man, and I'm so lucky to share this whole thing with him. So here I am, taking an afternoon tea break, picturing him with a little paint smear on his cheek, those amazing shoulders and arms reaching up to paint a wall...we'll have the radio on in the background, and I've even decided that I need to be wearing little overall shorts as my 'working on the house' uniform. I'll run out to Dunkin Donuts and bring him back a coffee, and we'll sit on the stairs looking around in wonder at Our Place with goofy smiles on our faces. And not from the paint fumes. Sure, there's a lot of crap to go through first with closing costs and lead paint testing...but the challenges make the outcome even better.

We both have working weekends planned. I'm writing all the rewards for my book 300 ROMANTIC WAGERS, and I'm also submitting the questions list for Book Club on www.pashweddings.com where the ladies are *loving* my novel It's My Wedding Too. If you don't have your copy yet, and you'd like to join us for a laugh-filled discussion, there's still time. We'll be talking about the book two weeks from now. So come join us....