Monday, January 15, 2007

Back on track

It seems everyone has the diabolical sinus infection right now, and both Joe and I have been leveled by it this past week. But God bless modern medicine! I'm back on my game, and working on some very fun new stuff --

Check out my articles on www.newjerseybride.com and in the print version if you live in the area, and visit my Wedding and Family Reunion columns at www.resortsandlodges.com -- go to Travel Magazine. Right now, I'm working on the first of 5 monthly columns for each: Turning Your Family Reunion into a Charity Fundraiser and Doing a Theme Destination Wedding. Celebrity wedding coordinator Sasha Souza has chimed in for the second one, and I'm thrilled to have her on board.

My Wedding Podcast Network show launches next week -- they should have something about it in their newest Bridal Scene broadcast, so check out the site at www.weddingpodcastnetwork.com. You'll see that my co-authors Michelle and Henry Roth have their own podcast there as well, so get ready for some high-energy wisdom from inside the bridal fashion industry from them, plus the newest details for mothers of the bride and groom on my show with Holli Ehrlich.

That's about it for now. Day #1 of feeling better means catching up on housecleaning and laundry on this MLK day, plus taking a few moments of silent gratitude that my family has come so far in these past 2 years. This is the anniversary of a rough day in my Mom's cancer treatments, and it's a tug of war between 'be happy it's all turned out well' and 'man, why did she have to go through that?!' Adversity reveals character, they say, so that was a watershed moment for all of us. We found out what we're made of, what we're capable of, how much guidance we get, and how lucky we are with the gifts we get. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my closest friends and family who remembered the day and sent my Mom (and me) messages of love and support. May you all be blessed.