Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

This was the best New Year's that I have ever had, and it's all thanks to my Joe. He makes everything amazing...

Since we were in the Superbowl of our fantasy football league, we watched the numbers closely the entire day. We started off 34 points up, but it dwindled...and dwindled...and while we came in 2nd, our true victory was in eliminating the 1st place guy (the cheater) from the championship. A good man won, though. So congratulations to Tom, the winner of the FF league this year. (We'll get you next year, Tom!)

Joe fulfilled one of my biggest wishes, which was to go to my favorite sports bar to watch the first half of a game. It felt like a homecoming, I hadn't been there in so long. Great bar food, a great drink, seeing old friends, and we were off to get the makin's for our New Year's dinner. And I unfortunately made eye contact with the lobster before they went into the steamer ;) Dinner was in front of the fireplace (ahhhh! Snapshot moment!): lobster, mashed potatoes, salad, green beans, bread, great wine...and football on TV. It doesn't get better than that. We rang in New Year's Eve all snuggled up by the fire. Perfection. How did I get so lucky?

Now that the holiday season is behind us, work kicked up like wild. My book 'Renewing Your Wedding Vows' is out and doing marvelously well, we're getting hundreds of entries in the 'most romantic proposal' contest, and I'm organizing a new wedding workshop series at Blue Tulip, where I organize events and charity fundraisers (www.bluetulip.com). My friend Jill and I made up our professional goals for '07 lists, and I am so enthusiastic about the year ahead. I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but rather start the year off with a list of goals -- professional, personal, health, etc. It just works better for me to have a To Do list rather than a You Can't list ;)

So, this is the start of a fresh page....a new year with promises of great things to come. This is going to be a good one...