Monday, July 09, 2007

Okay, the overwhelm with the new house is subsiding. Things are getting done, and progress is now visible. I think we both needed to make a dent in the huge, huge list of things to do...and extra things to do just kept popping up with every move we made. Joe spent most of yesterday putting in the new tile floor in the bathroom, and he did a masterful job. It's like a spa in there, such a huge difference from the 1960s mini tile. We finally have a surface with a new color and texture! We're almost ready to prime and paint the bedroom, so the fun stuff begins, and my skills can come into play.

In the meantime, as much as I'd love to work on the walls, it's worktime here in the office. We're getting ready to launch a new feature for my website, a collection of worksheets that are a free addition to my book The Busy Bride's Essential Wedding Checklists, and we're almost done with the free style-definition articles that will launch along with my new book What's Your Bridal Style? when that comes out in December. I'm at the fun stage of our book Planning Your NJ Wedding, which I'm writing with Erik and Beth Kent at www.njwedding.com -- I've just printed out all 130 experts' questionnaires, and now I get to folder them by topic and start creating that one. That's been a long time coming, so I'm very excited to spread out these thousands of pages on our living room floor and put them all together. And then there are the new articles I'm discussing with some of my dream-placement magazines. Lots of exciting stuff going on, and I'm doing them all while looking out my new office window at the butterflies and birds that are all over our idyllic location here.

Such great things are going to happen here...