Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So Joe is now a master electrician guru -- it's amazing to watch him work; he's so meticulous and puts so much care into everything he does. He gets this adorable look of concentration, and I'm swooning. This is also the first time he's seen me at work...I'm sure he's scratching his head at my methodology -- the folders spread out in a big half circle on the living room floor, papers everywhere, seeming chaos...and then it's all neatly put together in a flash. My timing has changed...before we bought the house, I'd leave his place and be home and at work by 9:30pm, writing until 1am. Now, I'm waking up at 6am, and there's no way on God's earth that I'm going to work til 1am. Which is adding up to a more normal workday. It's a happy adjustment, and the strange thing is that I've been *more* efficient this way. 'Early to bed, early to rise' has some truth to it. ;)

It's been a while since I suggested some great websites for you, so here's my It List for the week:
www.berries.com -- You will fall over. These chocolate-covered strawberries are enormous and delicious, the perfect gift for parents or for your wedding coordinator during and after the planning.
www.foodtv.com -- Create your party menus here, with great alternatives to the traditional fete fare. We like Guy Fieri's lineup, but Emeril always has a spicy place in our hearts for party menus.
www.gailwatsoncakes.com -- Check out her cake decorating kits...you buy some plain sheetcakes, or make cupcakes, and use Gail's add-ons to decorate like a pro.
www.sharonnaylor.net -- to get my Bride's Gratitude Journal, which is going to keep your perspective and appreciation in place so that you enjoy the process. [And all my other books are there, too ;)]
www.invitations4sale.com -- the best place to get discounts on the top invitation collections, and a % of your purchase goes to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
www.photofiddle.com -- turn your digital photos into creative, gorgeous works of art. Joe and I have our engagement photo done up like an oil painting -- it's gorgeous! I'm looking for an appropriate photo to get one of those Andy Warhol color block prints done.
www.victoriassecret.com -- build your arsenal of lingerie.
www.bnbfinder.com -- find the perfect bed and breakfast for your destination wedding, your guests' lodging, a unique setting for showers, and more.