Monday, August 13, 2007

Shooting star

Last night, after an absolutely wonderful weekend, I went outside to see if I could view any shooting stars in a preview of sorts to tonight's meteor showers -- and there it was! One bright streak across the sky. I would have made a wish, but I've had so many come true this week that I couldn't come up with anything in the moment.

Joe and I chose our wedding cake design from a selection of dozens that I printed out off the Internet. We received our wedding invitation proof (gorgeous!). We've made our plans for the curtains in the bedroom, living room and dining room. And while we were at the town pool, shooting down the water slide and being *that* in-love couple in the pool, I was quoted in Bob Morris's column in the New York Times. How fun is that?

It can sometimes seem like you're drowning in details, that there's so much work to be done, so much on the To-Do list, that you almost get blinded to how much you've accomplished. (I wrote a column on this for Positive Thinking Magazine -- www.positivethinkingmag.com). So last night as Joe was making dinner, I kicked back and surveyed our progress. We've come a loooong way. It was unsettling a few weeks ago not to know where anything was, but now between the two of us we're finding the dustpan and the FedEx supplies and even my bathing suit. It is getting better, and we are getting there. It's the same with anyone's wedding plans, including ours. That To-Do list can swirl like a vortex and you can lose focus on just how much is done because you're standing in the middle of it. So, and I've posted this before but it bears repeating, write down what you've accomplished, admire your Done list, savor the feeling of satisfaction with even the smallest accomplishment. And all will be well.