Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Inside the Conde Nast Dream House

One word: Wow.

Last night, Joe and I attended the launch party of the Conde Nast Dream House in New York City, and it was absolutely gorgeous. We pulled up in the limo, stepped out onto the red carpet, had our photos taken, and - after I almost fell down the stairs when my heel caught in the carpet [yeah, I can make an entrance!] - we toured the chic rooms of the townhouse. I'll be on the third floor on the 27th, so I scouted my future setting, then visited with Sarah Ryan in the beauty center where they were giving manicures to guests. It was almost a sensory overload, with so many gorgeous rooms to see, all of the sparkling details, and many displays of Kate Aspen favors everywhere. On the stairwell, I ran into editor-in-chief Millie Martini Bratten for a quick hello, and then bumped into Amy Cress, the head of the I Do Foundation (http://www.idofoundation.org/), the top charitable registry out there.

If you're in the area, be sure to get your tickets to attend any of the events at the Dream House: www.brides.com/dreamhouse. It's definitely something to experience first-hand!