Friday, February 29, 2008

Car trouble

The rest of your world doesn't stop just because you're planning a wedding. The everyday inconveniences of real life do pop up when you're in a stressed-out state, so try to look on the bright side when you experience a snafu.

This morning, I was a bit of a wreck over my car that wouldn't start, but I chilled by feeding myself some better thoughts: these are professionals I'm working with who are going to help me (the very sweet lady at AAA, the towtruck guy, our mechanic); it's not snowing; my car didn't burst into flames; I didn't run over Joe in the driveway this morning when we tried to push my car out into the street; my car was overdue for an oil change anyway; I've never ridden in a tow truck before. Yes, you have to get creative, and these thoughts often come after you've done a little bit of snapping (sorry, honey!). But my car's in the shop for an overhaul, and this timing is sure to be a blessing by saving me from even greater trouble in the future. So thank you to our mechanic Richie, for your great work on our behalf, and many congratulations on your upcoming wedding!