Monday, August 28, 2006

Pistachio pearls

I'm falling over with amazement at the new colors in pearls. Tahitian black pearls are among the rarest, most valuable pearls available and have the distinction of being the world's only naturally black pearl. They come in a wide range of colors including black, aubergine, eggplant, peacock, silver, purple, pistachio, and more. Among the largest pearls available, Black Tahitian pearls are harvested in French Polynesia from the Pinctada Margaratifera oyster.

For more on these dark pearls, as well as gorgeous pastel-colored pearls and Akoyas, visit my site www.sharonnaylor.net to see my spotlight vendor for the month, my favorite source for pearl jewelry.

And while we're on the subject of colored pearls, I've also just found out about black *diamonds,* the newest trend in modern wedding band accents (in pave settings or alternating with standard diamonds in channel settings.) The American Gem Society says this is a hot new look, and it has an amazing sparkle to it. This, my prediction is, will be a lasting hit. The newly announced technology of making diamonds out of pet hair (I'm not kidding) will not.