Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Things are cooking

I am ridiculously happy about my new oven being here, and last night I was able to make Joe a fabulous meal. There's nothing better than having the house smell like raspberry honey mustard chicken, and garlic couscous, and spinach...We ate on the deck, and it was a beautiful night. The last of the Toll House cookies are gone -- they were the first thing I made in the oven -- and I won't be buying more for a long time. They're just too good. ;) What a joy to be able to cook for my loved ones again. Microwave meals can only fulfill so much.

In work news, the fall assignments are rolling in, and it's a very happy sense of overwhelm. My friend Pam once said to me, "Don't confuse your blessings and your burdens," and I've always tried to keep that at the forefront of my mind. Brides and grooms planning their weddings, and their parents, would do well to keep that in mind too -- yes, the swirl of activity and to-do's is overwhelming, the emotions high, but a wedding is a blessing and not a burden. It just takes a shift in your perspective, some positive journaling with my Bride's Gratitude Journal (www.sharonnaylor.net) and a daily reminder not to confuse those blessings and burdens.

Speaking of blessings, I'm happy to suggest to you www.DestinationBride.com, a site for those of you who are planning Destination Weddings. Lisa Light is the author of a book on the subject, and her site provides terrific articles on planning, packing your gown, coordinating your guests' travel, and a smart currency converter, among other features. If you're jetting out of town to marry, check out this site.

And also, check out my new bridal beauty article at www.carefair.com -- I'll be writing a series of articles on beautiful bridal looks, and I started with a 6-month bridal beauty countdown and an upcoming story on tooth-whitening for a fabulous smile. I welcome your requests and suggestions for future stories....