Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Audio Version

Kerstin Sjoquist of www.blisstrips.com just sent over the audio files for our wedding de-stressing MP3, to be paired with an e-book, and this is the first time I've heard my words set to music on audio. It's the most amazing thing. I've seen my words in black and white, but to have my suggestion of Red Rock Canyon in Arizona, with the cliffs the color of rubies and the sky a velvety purple included...I'm just floored. We hope to launch this project next week. This one's been over a year in the making, so it's very exciting to see it come together.

Other than that, just plugging away on the book and set to be finished on Friday. We have a few new experts who want in, so I'm awaiting their quotes and suggestions. There's no better feeling than hitting the Print button and seeing the manuscript print out to 600 pages after all of the puzzle pieces have come together.

Outside of work, just waiting for the phone call from my Dad for his transfusion appointment. We've stopped calling it a lube job, and now we're calling it 'the juice.' There's a twisted sense of humor that you have to have when you're dealing with such a stressful thing, and strength sometimes shows up in weird jokes. I've long been taking notes on how others deal with us taking care of him. Some people flee. Others stand strong by us. Others can't be bothered to take into consideration just how much we're all going through. So it reveals the angels in our lives...we've been the recipients of so much kindness and gentle treatment over the past 2 1/2 years, so I'll focus on those people.

On a lighter note, Project Runway did not disappoint last night. I love to see karma in action.

Hoping for the rain to hold off so Joe and I can go to the pool again. We went yesterday and the water was as warm as it is in the Caribbean, with a cool breeze to ward off this 110-degree heat. It was just what I needed, and my thoughtful, gentle man brought me iced coffee just the way I like it.....