Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Plum Sykes, Meg Cabot and me

It turns out that Chick Lit is not dead, after all. It just took a little breather while everyone read The DaVinci Code and The Secret, and now it's back! I'm thrilled to be included in a list of the hot new Chick Lit novels, alongside my novelist author idols Plum Sykes and Meg Cabot. Here's the writeup:

Sharon Naylor: It’s Not My Wedding (But I’m in Charge). Kensington, 2007.As if her life weren’t complicated enough, Mylie Ford, the much underappreciated go-to-gal for wedding planner-to-the-rich Zoe Brandenberg, tries to plan a secret celebrity wedding while dealing with an obsessed paparazzo, demanding clients, and her attraction to a dishy newly divorced personal chef whose 6-year-old daughter hates her on sight. By the same author: It's My Wedding, Too (2005).

I had a lot of fun writing this one, since all the celebrity weddings at the time gave me *so* much inspiration! And the bratty little girl in the novel is based on a real 'cherub' that I once had the misfortune of meeting, while the zonked-out celebrity wedding coordinator is *not* based on anyone I've ever met or worked with. [Just to make that clear ;)] The novel is out now, so if you're looking for something light and funny to read at the beach or poolside...