Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend of celebrations

From congratulatory phone calls to our family's tradition of going to the town Memorial Day parade to getting our bedroom set (!!!) and my birthday, this was a weekend of celebrations. The ice cream cake -- a wonderful themed one chosen by Joe as a part of *the* most fun birthday ever -- has a nice big dent out of it, and the fridge is full of yummy leftovers. It's a busy week ahead with a dozen or so prepping-for-the-house phone calls and trying to get all my June work done so that I can take time off for move-in, so tonight is a second-wind session of chipping away at that To-Do list. Joe and I spent most of the day at the pool, and it was *hot* out there, so I have a nice iced coffee in hand for a boost over the sun fatigue. I won't be able to sleep tonight until I have a few of these important deadlines hit, so I'm ready for a marathon session. It's a Zen state to get lost in work. Makes the worries of the week go away, like my Dad's upcoming eye surgery. With the hum of the computer and a stack of fresh, clean pieces of paper, it's a particular bliss that only a writer or artist understands.