Monday, March 10, 2008

Every bride gets to this point...

...and probably most grooms, but I can't wait for this wedding to just get here, be wonderful, and be done. There's a lot of assumption out there that because I'm a wedding expert, everything is easy, things are just peachy, and it's going to be the wedding that Donald Trump would throw for Ivanka. It's going to be a gorgeous wedding, yes. Joe and I have put a lot of effort into it, we do have most details organized wonderfully and we do have the benefit of my knowing my industry. But for ANY wedding, there are always elements you can't control. You can't control the weather. You can't control what other people will do and say. You can't control the flower crop in Ecuador or the price of seafood. So to every wedding couple out there, I must remind you: this wedding planning season is very short compared to the life you're going to live together as a family. Focus on what's going well, and expect that some things are going to go very differently than you imagined. But at the end of the day, even with flowers that aren't from Ecuador, you will be married to your best friend. I know, it stinks when challenges arise, but there's a beautiful life ahead of you.

Despite some guest list issues this weekend, Joe and I completed some very exciting tasks on our wedding list. The honeymoon is booked! We found the butterflies for our cake top! We found our centerpiece vases for 1/3 the price we found previously! We finalized our payments with key vendors! We ordered our tabletop cameras! We received some wonderful news about guests who *will* be at the wedding. And we set up our second bedroom so beautifully, it looks like a 5-star bed and breakfast suite. We attended the Rutgers/Seton Hall basketball game which was very exciting at the end.

In a few weeks, I'll be married to my best friend, and he will be married to me. It can't arrive soon enough.